The Forklift Operator Certification is intended for operators who have never received a certification to operate a forklift.
The Forklift Operator Recertification is intended for operators who have been certified previously. An operator may need to complete a refresher recertification for any of the following reasons:
- The operator has been observed to operate the vehicle in an unsafe manner
- The operator has been involved in an accident or near-miss incident
- The operator has been evaluated by their employer and revealed to not be operating the truck in a safe manner
- The operator is asked to perform on a truck they are currently not certified to use
- A workplace condition were to change in a way that could affect safe operation of the truck
Recertifiers will not be required to complete section quizzes, while certifiers will.